Saturday, May 7, 2016


Adventure 1: Farmer's market/Library


(1) my stash / (2) my favorite booth at the market


A pretty leisurely easy ride, roundtrip 2 miles. I'm in this weird place where I've owned a bike a long time, I'm married to a "bike person", but I still can't really bring myself to feel super comfortable on my bike. Continuing on with my list theme...

Things I'm trying to conquer
1) Shifting
2) Getting over having a poorly fit bike most of my life, and accepting that my feet shouldn't touch the ground when I'm riding. That mistake was corrected awhile ago, but I'm still not confident stopping and gracefully getting off my saddle.
3) The time I was most active in my life, I was 40ish pounds lighter. I'm pretty sure I feel every single pound I've gained every time I go up a hill. This is more of a mental barrier than a physical one.
4) Feeling more comfortable riding near cars. I realize this comes with time, but I don't trust them and I don't entirely trust myself on my bike.
5) RIDE MORE.

Alright. I'm going to eat some strawberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment